Thursday, February 26, 2009
take my hand, yeah baby
and if i could only look like that when i wipe my mouth.......................
someone i had to see this afternoon handed me (after some pleasantries that included a multiplicity of adjectives) david orr's ny times article which has attracted a few words from some literary folk. ohhh the greatness. im allowed some snarkiness.................i like matt cozart's examples of greatness (below)
1) There's snow on them thar Alps! It's a great day for skiing!
2) Great job on your presentation, Woodrow!
3) Aw man, this goulash is great! You gotta try it, Eleanor!
4) Oh, be sure to watch the bonus materials; they got some great outtakes!
5) Great Scot, is that the reanimated corpse of Richard Nixon, come to eat our brains?!
6) Say, I've got a great idea for a new invention, but who will help me fund it?!
7) Mmm...this sliced bread is the greatest thing since...OH MY GOD. IT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER.
Three exhibitions on the Lower East Side through late March: Fernando Mastrangelo: Love Is a Smoke Made With the Fume of Sighs at Kumukumu, 42 Rivington St (between Eldridge and Forsyth), until March 22
Andrea Tese: Boats Against the Current at Heist Gallery, 27 Essex St (between Grand and Hester), until March 21
Kirsten Deirup: Dogsbody at Nicelle Beauchene Gallery, 163 Eldridge St (between Delancey and Rivington), until March 22